Watch or listen…
Downloadable Workbook https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-2ujmYRsx9N0MuALWM3022ThldqNWQ1B/view?usp=sharing
You are God’s chosen tool to bring in the harvest.
Look around in the world today, what is going on? America is divided more than ever before. Truth, by the world’s standards, doesn’t exist and is completely subjective. We are taught that we can have our own truth. It looks something like, “I can believe what I want, and you can have your beliefs too, as long as they don’t interfere with what I believe.” Stay alert! Wake up! Look Around! For your great enemy, the devil (1 Peter 5:8). We are called to be the light of the world, to share the truth. We carry the good news of Jesus in our heart and it was given to us so that we could give it away to others.
Key Passage: 2 Peter 3:3 (NLT)
“Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires.”
We are supposed to be the light.
Did you know that there are apps that can take a picture of your face and put it over the face of a movie actor? It makes us appear like we are the stars in the movie. While this might be fun, it really is pretending to be the truth.
The world is at a point where you can’t even trust the things you see right in front of you anymore. Christians are susceptible to this too. In a recent Barna Group Study on the state of Christians and the Church, researchers discovered…
- Just over ½ of Christians polled believe that a person can obtain salvation by being or doing good.
- Just over ½ (58%) of Christians believe that no absolute moral truth exists – The basis of truth are factors or sources other than God, that 77% the basis of Right & Wrong are determined by sources other than the Bible.
- 59% of Christians say that the Bible is not God’s Authoritative and True Word.
Where has the church gone wrong? We are starting to look more like darkness than light. It is time to examine the level and depths of our beliefs.
It is the church’s job to lead people to Godliness. This only comes from having a solid foundation on the Word of God. People are longing for God, yet we live in a time where there is a church on every corner, and they are still searching for Him. They pursue God on their own terms and become confused.
Q: Make a list of the things that you believe. What lines up with the word of God? What may have become distorted over time or has been the influence of others?
We need to be ready.
I heard a preacher say this one time, “The greatest obstacle God has in spreading the Gospel – TRUTH – To the world is the Church.” We just read the statistics, the enemy has come and brought utter confusion!
We are all on standby, waiting for something to happen. We are scanning the horizon for the next big revival led by contemporary Pastors. The truth is that God is waiting on us. He is not being slow; He is being patient. He already completed what He was going to do. Remember, Jesus said, “it is finished”.
So where do we go from here? How do we get ready?
- Know the Truth – You are His people called by His name (John 8:31-32)
- Humble yourself – Hebrew word Kana which means to be contracted, to come under authority, to abandon your own will to His (1 John 1:5-9)
- Pray – Position yourself. When we pray, we put God in the driver seat and we invite Him to override our will (2 Chronicles 7:14-15)
- Seek His Face – Invite His Presence the Holy Spirit (John 16:13-15)
- Turn/Repent – Change your mind or walk away from (Romans 10:9-13)
Q: Ask yourself…Have I listened to false teachers – believed a lie; Do I seek Truth?; Do I read my word?; Do I allow God to change me?; Do I continue to allow sin to reign in my life?; Am I sure that I am saved?
Be honest and use the space below to write out your responses. Then ask the Father what area you should focus on first.